Administrative Assistant - Kigali Office
Twin is a development through trade NGO working with 33 producer organisations representing 300,000 coffee, cocoa and nut smallholders in 17 countries across Latin America, Africa and Asia. Our coffee company, Twin Trading, works to access value-added markets for our producer partners and offers quality coffee with development impact.
We unlock the power of trade to strengthen producer organisations and deliver social justice, economic development and environmental sustainability for smallholder farmers. We are engaged throughout the value chain to balance producer support with creating market demand, building partnerships that deliver sustainable, scalable and meaningful change.
Twin through its Kigali office is looking to recruit Administrative Assistant to provide support to ensure the smooth running of the office and provide support on daily administrative activities including support on office financial management.
- Ensuring the security of the office information and documents is maintained
- Purchasing all office supplies
- Ensure that all office equipment is in good working order
- Liaise with other staff and associates all day-to-day issues in relation travel facilitation
- Organise couriers for coffee sample collections, oversee general post (opening & posting)
- Act as first point of contact for cleaner
- Keeps and use of books of accounts
Health and safety
- Ensure that office is up to date on all legal requirements
- Ensure risk assessment is carried out in relation to the health of employees and equipment safety (excluding staff and associates overseas)
- Ensure that staff are aware of fire safety, act as fire marshal and arrange fire safety training as required
- Assist staff when required in taking necessary safety precautions when travelling oversees on company business
IT and network management
- Assisting staff where possible in the best use of Twin’s IT System and seeks support from Twin London
- Ensure staff adhere to Twin’s IT policies e.g. storage of emails and in shared directory.
- Enter purchase invoices and record payments in accounting systems
- Enter payments for invoices onto the banking system
- Check all invoices are authorised and coded
- File invoices and bank statements/correspondence
- Perform bank reconciliations for Twin’s bank accounts
- Manage petty cash
- Make travel arrangements for staff, associates and trustees when required
- Obtain travel visas when required
- Logistical arrangements for producer visits (i.e. hotel accommodation, flights bookings, visa application letters) when required
- Support Quality Officer to organise sample cupboard
- Coordinate in-house events
- Co-ordinate recruitment activities in conjunction with relevant recruiting manager, including placing job adverts, collating CVs, organising interviews and liaising with new starters
- Excellent administrative skills
- Outstanding communication skills
- Book-keeping experience essential ( minimum 3 years ), Accounting degree desirable
- The ability to adapt and learn new accounting systems quickly
- Competence in the use of IT tools including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Highly efficient, organised and superb attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise multiple tasks and work in a structured manner ensuring all deadlines are met
- Highly developed, demonstrated teamwork skills
- Affinity with aims and vision of Twin
- Knowledge of English and French (desirable)
- Previous work in an International Organisation ( Desirable)
Competitive salary based on experience
Full-time (5 days a week), 3 months probation
25 days per year plus bank holidays and other statutory holidays
The deadline for applications is Friday 27th May 2016 5pm. Interviews will take place from the week of 6th June 2016.
Please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: Only pre selected candidates will be contacted.
Other pro bono work
We welcome support from experts or professionals looking to share or develop their experience in fair trade and development.
We would also welcome help from communications and marketing professionals in developing our organisation’s profile and those of our members.
If you would like to donate your time and expertise to Twin pro bono please get in touch.